Friday, April 8, 2016

Hairballs!

DJ from A-1 Budget Plumbing installed the new disposal this morning; he was also here about a month ago to fix a noise in the old disposal. (A-1 was great about having him come back again so Mom will become familiar with him.) From the moment he walked in the door until he said it was finished was about 35 minutes. And that included clearing stuff out from under the sink (which I forgot to do this morning after breakfast). Although I did not install it, I had a very important task regarding the new disposal installation ... the data for the next installation!


I vacuum almost every morning with Mom's Shark Navigator, which is touted as having more suction to get pet hair and dander. It does get a lot more stuff than her old Shark. This morning it was having a problem, it wasn't sucking at all. It turns out it had a similar problem as the cats ... a hairball! A twistie got stuck in the opening and was collecting hair, not sure how long it has been there but it was large enough to seal off the entire opening. Once I cleared that out it was back to business.


Today was also H&R Block day. This time we had almost all the paperwork. The only piece Mom was missing was documentation of the amount of estimated taxes that they paid last year. So I was sent home with the homework assignment to find the papers. Dad's forgetfulness was apparent while we were waiting at H&R Block, he kept asking what we were there for.

While searching for either the estimated 2015 tax form, Mom's old check registers, or Mom's bank statements with cancelled checks, I saw more evidence of Mom's condition. Files that once used to be very organized were now a jumble of different things all in the same folder. One of the bank statements I was looking for was in a folder with recipes, a list of Mom's investments, and old e-mails. I also ran across some of her old notebooks. An entry in one from May 2015 said she was going to move to Kohala with me because she was mad at Dad.

While at H& R Block, I took Leahi #4. At least I think it is #4, I will have to organize all my Leahi photos and see how many I have so I will know how many more I have to do for the 36 view series.
Leahi #4 from H&R Block Kahala Mall

For dessert tonight we baked the frozen passion-orange-guava pear pie that we got from Hawaiian Pie Company. It is a very solid pie and very tasty, lots of butter. Here it is before it went in to the oven.


Happy Birthday to Steve!

No comments:

Post a Comment