Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Oh, No!

Last week I spent much of Thursday trying to make sure Mom mailed their income tax form and check off to the IRS. Tonight, after giving Momo his pill, she says, "I have to remember to mail your letter tomorrow." It turns out it is not my letter, it is the income tax form and check for the IRS! So apparently there was no mail delivery last week. And she must have placed the envelope on the breakfast table, most likely after I got off the phone with her, and it got shuffled off in to some other pile of paper. I will try again tomorrow to have her get it in the mail!

On the positive side, she is doing well with giving Momo his thyroid pill. The first week it was only one pill, which I had her give him when she took her alendronate first thing in the morning. Yesterday it was increased to 2 pills a day; I have her give him the second one when she takes her evening pills. Momo likes the pill pockets and has come to expect his special treats and will go to her when she calls him or he hears her opening the container that the pill pockets are in. I guess it is fortunate that Dad had us keep Momo's pills on the shelf near the wooden bird figure that holds the outgoing mail!

Here is one of the little ways I keep from letting every little thing get me discouraged - weird humor. Does anyone else remember those small black rubber doll heads that were sold as "shrunken heads"? The ones made to look like the lips were sewn shut? Here is our post-Easter version.


Happy Birthday to Carole!

No comments:

Post a Comment