Thursday, April 21, 2016

Still Not In the Mail

When I called Mom about 10:30 am HST to remind her to take her morning pills I also asked her to take the IRS envelope out to the mailbox. She initially argued that it was too early, that the mail came at noon and she did not want it to sit outside that long. I finally convinced her to do it. Guess what! The mail was already there!

At least that's what she said. She says she is sure that she picked the mail up yesterday, but I am not convinced. At any rate, the IRS envelope is back in the house. I will try again tomorrow. At least I know if the mail is there tomorrow when she goes to put out the envelope that she really did pick up the mail today. And I will have to make her put it out earlier on Saturday.

What I really should have done is put the IRS envelope in my backpack on 04/12, brought it back, and mailed it from here. Then I would know for sure that it got sent off in a timely manner. Unfortunately, I thought there was enough time and I did not count on her losing it on 04/14, then having it reappear after 04/18. If it does not get mailed on Saturday, I will have Curt take it home with him and send it from his house.

It can be frustrating but I try to think about the things that Mom can still do and not dwell on the things she has difficulty with. I just try to remember that she can't do them and figure out a way to break it down in to smaller, doable pieces, if possible. Here's another way I keep sane, I look for cool things throughout the day. Like this hummingbird that was outside the bathroom window, getting nectar from the cherry flowers.
Anna's hummingbird (Calypte anna)











Happy Birthday to Grant!

No comments:

Post a Comment