Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Day 1 of Meds for Mom & Dad

This morning it took 19 minutes to talk them through taking their meds. Mom has her alendronate, Dad has his amoxicillin and acetaminophen with codeine, and Momo has his thyroid pill. Part of what is taking longer is that Dad needs to have a little food in his stomach before he takes the antibiotic. Tonight it took 31 minutes to do Mom's pills, Momo's pill, and Dad's amoxicillin; when they are tired things take longer. It is also taking longer because the infection has made Dad more confused; I hope the confusion disappears once the infection is gone. I called 6 times today to make sure they got all their medications at the right time. This would be a whole lot easier if I was there. I hope I survive this next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment