Friday, May 13, 2016

Hello, Mom?

Had a somewhat frustrating day. I called Mom 11 times today. She would put the phone down, walk away to look for her pills, forget that's what she was doing and start on something else! In the meanwhile I am on the phone yelling to get her attention! On the 5th call this morning I had her put the phone on speaker so that she would be more likely to hear me yelling if she put the phone down and started doing something else. It worked surprisingly well! (Two calls were to her cell phone which she did not answer.) We did the same thing at lunch and at dinner after a couple of distractions again. I think I will have her routinely put the phone on speaker mode since that seems to work better now that she is getting more distracted.

At dinner, when I asked her to get a piece of banana for Dad to eat before he took the antibiotic, she said they were out of bananas. She started telling me what fruits they had and was stumped by one of the fruits she found. She said, "It's red and big with lots of seeds." I guessed pomegranate and was wrong. Turns out it was watermelon!

I have noticed that she is at a loss for words for more things and concepts than she was a year ago. But she can still describe it so that we get in to a guessing game. Sometimes it is hilarious! (She thought the pomegranate was pretty funny!)

Happy Birthday to Anank, Candice, Francis, Myrtle, and Sarah!

No comments:

Post a Comment