Sunday, May 15, 2016

Last Day for Dad's Antibiotics

Dad took the last amoxicillin capsule at dinner tonight; he finished the acetaminophen with codeine yesterday. He goes back to see the dentist tomorrow for a check up. If there are more medications he needs Curt will let me know tomorrow.

Because of the many interactions I needed to do with each call, I had Mom put the phone on speaker so that if she got distracted during a task I could remind her to stay on task. It also helped when she forgot where the phone was, I could hear her asking where she put the phone and could call out to her to help her find it! I will continue this even after she no longer has to deal with Dad's medications.

I read an article about a new study on dementia that suggests, "that the neurological decline common to these diseases is caused by 'auto-inflammation', where the body's own immune system develops a persistent inflammatory response and causes brain cells to die." I will have to keep an eye on this and see where this leads.

Happy Birthday to Allison!

No comments:

Post a Comment