Tuesday, May 24, 2016

SOLD!

While I was in the NAACP meeting this evening I received a phone call from my real estate agent; she sold my house this evening! Yay! One more thing that can be crossed off the list. This was not the usual type of house sale, I went through someone who finds houses for people who buy them, remodel them, then sell them again. While some people think I should have sold it the usual way in order to get the highest price for it, what I liked about going this route was that I did not have to stage the house and we did not have a whole lot of strangers wandering through the house. I got the amount of money that I need for the next phase and that's what really matters to me.

So why did I put all that work in to the trellis? I got to meet the couple that bought my house. They intend to remodel it, then sell it to someone who wants to live in it. And they liked what I have done to the yard already, especially the fruit trees. Since it was not going to be torn down, I decided to complete the trellis and get the hardy kiwi up where it belongs. Here I am starting to place the vines on the wires.
(Photo by Bo)




















And here is the final result. There are still a bunch of vines hanging below the level of the wires. I left those because they had a lot of flowers; perhaps having more flowers will provide a better set of fruit. Last year there were only a dozen flowers but no fruit.







When I called Mom this morning, I talked her through filling up her pill pack since my brother forgot to do it over the weekend. When I called her up this evening to remind her to take her pills she was surprised at how many pills she had to take! It was as if we had not spent nearly half an hour filling up her pill pack this morning.

Happy Birthday to Juan, Bill, and Holly!

No comments:

Post a Comment