Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Another ER Visit?

Does a visit to the After Hours Clinic count as an emergency room visit? After dinner tonight, Mom went to lay down on the couch to watch Wheel of Fortune. As I was looking past her at the puzzle board, I noticed that her right foot from just above the ankle was noticeably swollen and larger than her left foot. I palpated it and found she was retaining fluids. She also said it was colder, though when I put my hands on it and on her left foot they felt the same to me. (She said my hands felt hot.)

I called the Kaiser Permanente After Hours Clinic line. After about 5 minutes worth of questions the triage nurse advised us to come in to be seen by the after hours staff. She is concerned that there may be a clot in Mom's leg (which could travel and cause a stroke). After sitting in the ER 10 days ago with Bobbye and watching her quickly deteriorate from her stroke I didn't really want to go through that again! If this visit could avoid that, then I'm willing to make the drive to the after hours clinic tonight. No matter what Mom says! As it turns out it was okay but the doctor did advise her to wear compression hose on her upcoming Las Vegas trip.


In other news, Mom can't remember how to deal with checkbooks. So she is now leaving all the bills for the Kohala house for me to deal with. Since they are automatically paid by the bank it is really only a matter of getting them properly entered and doing the math to make sure there is enough money in the account to cover all the bills. I sorted through the bills and this is what I ended up with. I will have to do the same with the household checkbook account tomorrow.


While at breakfast yesterday with Lani, we saw a poster for an event this Friday, the Neko Cafe! "Your one-stop-shop for art,fashion, and food for cats and cat lovers! Grab a coffee and cuddle with adoptable feline friends." Going to check it out, but not to adopt a cat. Apparently this is a big thing in Japan.  

No comments:

Post a Comment