Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Java Sparrows and TV Rip-Offs

I should have posted a photo earlier of what was going to happen in June, at least what was known at that point in June. I will do one in early July, should be interesting since there is so much going on in July! But in the meanwhile, here's June 2016.


I made a quick stop at Don Quijote today to pick up some brownie mix. I want to experiment with freezing the made brownies before using the FoodSaver on them. Lori initially bought the Food Saver so she could send brownies to DT and have them be nice and fresh. But she said the brownies just got smashed as the air was being sucked out of the bag. According to the instructions, they should be frozen before being sealed so the vacuum process does not squash them. While at DQ I saw a pair of Java sparrows, aka Java rice birds, that had found their way in to the store and were hanging out in the rice aisle. They went after the expensive stuff.
Lonchura oryzivora

I started organizing the main refrigerator. I was forced to do it, one of the little containers jumped off the shelf and committed suicide, splattering all over the kitchen floor. Here are its buddies, awaiting their fate. I might keep the ones that are in sealed single servings. (Except for the one that is open and partially used.)


Mom says she doesn't want to take any more pills. But today she received a shipment of Supple and TurboFlex. On autoship every 7 weeks! I think she saw it on TV and ordered it over the phone, they spelled her name wrong. This has been one of my fears; that she begins to send away for things and lets people talk her in to doing an autoship so it will continue to come even if she is not using it. The shipping and handling costs almost as much as the supplements, what a rip-off! I will have to talk to her about it when they get back from Las Vegas.









No comments:

Post a Comment