Friday, July 1, 2016

Mom Under the Weather

Filled up the RAV4 before I went to the airport. Gas here is now only a little higher than it is in the continental US. When I was first learning to drive it was about 4 times higher here. Today it was $2.699/gallon.


Took care of paying Mom and Dad's home insurance as soon as I got them back from the airport. Dad was very appreciative of my taking care of things. Mom can't remember from one moment to the next why something like having their home insurance properly paid is important.

Turns out Mom does not remember ordering the Supple and TurboFlex at all. And she says she does not want to be taking any more pills. I will call to cancel tomorrow, if I can; otherwise I will do it on Tuesday. In the meanwhile, she says she will take it since she apparently ordered it; we shall see.

Mom apparently has not been feeling well the last couple of days. Her stomach has been upset. I guess she even threw up a little on the plane today. I got her some ginger ale this evening to help settle her stomach. She ate a little dinner, about half of what she usually does. But she did well on dessert. They both really liked the brownies so I heated them up in the microwave and served them with a little ice cream. Dad now wants more brownies! (Times Supermarket had a sale, so I picked up 2 more boxes of mix when I got the ginger ale.)

Here's Shiro getting ready for the evening hunt. He still calls for his brother several times a day.


The folks at the Hawai'i Humane Society are getting to recognize me and have almost memorized Momo's lost cat report number. (They make an entry every time I stop in to check for him.) They have been fairly helpful so far. The latest thing I have discovered is that their website of lost animals is updated daily, however, not all animals have photos posted. They told me how to find the ID number for each post in the URL so I can keep track of who is new. During the period that I am gone, they said if I see a cat that looks like Momo, to call and ask them to re-check him for the microchip (his has migrated towards his right elbow). And if they find him while I am gone they will make a note and hold him until I get back (but there will be a small boarding fee). I saw a cat on the website this morning that I thought might be Momo, but he was not at the shelter; perhaps he was reunited with his family before I got there.



Happy Birthday to Sandy!

No comments:

Post a Comment