Thursday, August 18, 2016

It's Always the Last Place You Look!

The appointment to have one of Mom's accounts put in to her Trust is tomorrow morning and I needed to find the original documents for her Trust since the credit union won't do it without the originals. I had already searched through 6 filing cabinet drawers, 2 filing boxes, several binders, and the safe deposit box with no luck. All that was left was 3 more filing cabinet drawers. Those yielded nothing. As I was about to call it quits I spotted an unassuming bag between one of the filing cabinets in the closet and the filing boxes.
(This isn't where I found it, this is just where I took the photo.)

So I decided to look in it. And was quite certain I had found what I was looking for when I peeked in the bag.
The blue papers at the top are what legal papers typically look like.

I hit a treasure trove of legal documents! Not only did I find the original document for Mom's Trust, I also found Dad's Trust, their joint Trust, and their Last Will and Testament. When I brought it out and showed Mom she acted like she knew it was there all along. Once we are done at the credit union tomorrow, all the documents will go in to the safe deposit box where they really should have been all along!

A little over a year ago I went to a presentation about BEMER (Bio Electro-Magnetic Energy Regulation) therapy. My naturopath had suggested it for my fibromyalgia at least a year earlier, but I was skeptical. However, after one treatment I experienced distinct changes in my circulation. Specifically in my feet. Even in the summer I would wear socks in the house to keep my feet from getting icy cold on all except the hottest of days. I found with BEMER treatments every other week I could go sockless indoors even in the winter! The last time my feet were that warm was when I was pregnant! So I purchased a unit of my own. It arrived on Monday.


I will be using it daily on myself and also starting Mom and Dad on it as well. It works on the capillaries and other small vessels in the circulatory system. I am hoping they see similar results as I did. If Mom's circulation improves it should lessen the strain on her heart and also move fluids out of her tissues more effectively. For Dad I am hoping it improves his energy level; he is sleeping much more than normal and his schedule is erratic.

Sarah, David, Kai, and I went to the Movie Museum after dinner. But first we stopped at 8 1/2 Desserts for ice cream. It's a very tiny place and shares a parking lot with Hung Won, a very busy Chinese restaurant; we were lucky to get a parking space as soon as we entered the lot. I had the shoyu mango, not sure what anyone else had. But we also ordered an ice cream pie for Sarah's baby shower on Sunday.

The movie we saw was, "The Good, the Bad, the Weird." It's in the genre known as a kimchi western - Korean Clint Eastwood meets Korean Michael Jackson meets Korean Moe Howard in the Manchurian desert. Spoiler alert - the Japanese Army and a Mongol horde are also involved!

Happy Birthday to Mick, Dustin, Ron, Beth, and Hazuki-san!

No comments:

Post a Comment