Saturday, August 20, 2016

Not Doing Well With Photos

I made pulled pork with the electric pressure cooker last night. And I forgot to take a photo... Sarah made nachos with a salsa fresca tonight. And I forgot to take a photo... The only food photo I have to offer is this one of the gluten-free breads at Kokua Market, the local natural foods co-op. David is gluten-intolerant so I always pick up a loaf of gluten-free bread before he arrives; the loaf he has now was from Don Quijote. Next time I will go to Kokua; they have many more options.


Since Kokua is only a couple blocks away from the Humane Society I decided I could do the fresh vegetable marketing there. Especially since Mom no longer goes grocery shopping with me. Otherwise it would have to be only Don Quijote, not that "hippy grocery store". Although they honored my Sno-Isle Co-op membership I think I will join Kokua in order to provide them with more capital. Kokua started when I was a student at the University of Hawai'i, so its about 40 years old!

Mom's skin has become very fragile and also very dry. Sarah shared some of her Motherlove Pregnant Belly Oil with her. She also gave Mom a leg massage. Sarah plans to do this every morning until she leaves, we will see how Mom's skin responds. If it does well I will find a similar oil and continue doing it. Hopefully, she will have fewer incidents where a light bump breaks the skin and has her bleeding all over the place like last Monday morning!


I found a less iconic view of Mt. Leahi while running errands. This is from the Date Street and Kapahulu Avenue intersection.
Leahi #?

Yesterday I took Mom to HawaiiUSA Federal Credit Union; she signed the papers to have that account put in to her Trust. When we tried to take the originals to the 2 other places that needed to see them, we found out they were closed for Statehood Day. I knew it was Statehood Day and that it was a holiday in Hawai'i, but since HawaiiUSA was open I assumed the other financial institutions would also be open ... Not! Can't figure out why HawaiiUSA was open when the others weren't. The US Post Office and other government offices were closed as well.

Happy 11th Anniversary to Olga & Tim! And Happy 4th Anniversary to Amy & Andreas!

2 comments:

  1. I hope the pregnant belly oil works! Keep me posted. Dad's skin is about the consistency of rice paper, very thin and fragile. We've already had a couple of nasty gashes open up from unknown sources. :-(

    Congratulations on the Beemer purchase! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems to be working well for Mom! There is a link above on where to order it online.

    When you come to visit, you can continue your BEMER sessions while here!

    ReplyDelete