Saturday, August 13, 2016

Primary Election Day

Hawai'i holds their primary election on a Saturday, making voting more accessible for people. I did not vote since I am not yet registered. (I had a mail-in ballot for Washington's August 2nd primary.) I am still in the process of changing my residency; helping Mom with her medical appointments and straightening out her finances is a full time job!

I found out today that Mom had a completely different idea of what putting their different accounts in to the Trust meant. She thought it would prevent them from taking money out easily; she was thinking of those trusts that are set up to keep kids of millionaires and billionaires from spending their money frivolously! Hence, we have only been able to find one account that is in the Trust and I am having to work to get the rest in to the Trust.

Fumi-san left this morning to go back to Okinawa. She has an 8 1/2 hour flight to Japan, a 3 hour lay over, then a 3 1/2 hour flight to Okinawa. As I type this she should just be getting on the flight to Okinawa. We have invited her to come back any time and she has invited us to visit with her in Okinawa.

While grocery shopping today I saw Chocolate Peanut Butter Bugles; 2 of my favorite food groups! I had to try it. It was sweet like the label says and also salty, but I didn't really taste the chocolate or the peanut butter. So if you are looking for the taste of chocolate and peanut butter together, better stick to Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, don't waste your time on these.
 

Chibi has a new night time sleeping spot. She has created her own little ledge on the bean bag chair and lounges there at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment