Monday, August 1, 2016

The Week's Not Over Yet

I went to the Port Gardner Bay Watercolor Society meeting tonight; Kai went with me. It was great seeing my fellow watercolor artists again! One of the things we talked about was whether I had been to the ER again this week and I said, No! Someone noted that the week wasn't over yet.

As luck would have it, as I was taking Kai back to his dad's house, he coughed in the car and had an immediate intense pain just under his right shoulder blade. He requested a trip to the ER; he was concerned that he had broken a rib with all the coughing. So I made ER trip #7 in 7 weeks and 2 days! It turns out his primary diagnosis is rhinitis, with a secondary of costochondritis (more specifically costovertebral joint sprain).


It was 11:30 pm by the time we got his prescription filled. It was interesting to hear this ER doc's assessment of the other ER doc's treatments; essentially she said the things the other doc prescribed wouldn't do anything for Kai's conditions. A quick check of the Mayo Clinic website said otherwise. And they did help him. Will see if the new round of meds also help.

Today we also went through some of the books that were in storage. Mailed off 8 boxes of books (including most of my art books). Also got to visit with Gabriele and Jessica at KSER. (Briefly saw Ed and Tom.)

Happy Birthday to Ariel!

No comments:

Post a Comment