Thursday, September 29, 2016

Lunch From Arby's

Aunty Judy dropped by today. We had a great visit with her and she also brought lunch over for us! Mom & Dad shared a turkey & bacon sandwich and enjoyed it; they rarely eat a whole sandwich each. I tried the roast beef sandwich, which was just roast beef on a bun, I added lettuce & sauce. The taste was good but a little salty for me; glad Mom did not eat it since she is having a slight problem with fluids accumulating in her tissues. (I should have given her furosemide every day when we were in Las Vegas since I had no control over how much salt was in what she ate, so we are catching up now on controlling that.) This may be hard for people to believe, but this is the first time I have had anything from Arby's. The fast food place we went to most often was 5 Guys, once every 2 months or so after haircuts. Tomorrow we try the Philly cheese steak.
L to R: turkey & bacon sandwich, roast beef sandwiches, Philly cheese steak

The landscape project is coming along. This evening, as I was in the middle of the 5 bags I was installing, a van pulled up right next to where I was working, blocking off my path. The driver was very nice and moved across the street, then he came over and offered to help move bags. I declined, but I might  ask him to help with larger projects at a later date. I've got 5 more bags to spread tomorrow to finish it off.
12 bags; 11 were finished last night

16 bags; notice the great visibility of cars coming up the road!

We're trying something new in the bathroom, tubeless toilet paper rolls. It was easy enough to put on the spindle & it rolls easily enough coming off. If this works out I would prefer it since there is no tube to get rid of at the end of the roll. Can't think of a downside to not having a tube.


Happy Birthday to Decarla & Amy!

1 comment: