Friday, September 2, 2016

BP Still Low

Mom's blood pressure is still low. I only took 7 measurements today but they were similar to yesterday's measurements. Though there were more systolic measurements that are normal or on the slightly higher side, nearly all the diastolic measurements were low. She still doesn't like that I am making her spend most of her time lying down with her legs elevated. I told her that we need to get it under control or she won't be able to go to Las Vegas. I think if we can keep her systolic up to normal and her diastolic does not go below 50 mm Hg she will not have any more dizzy spells. Right now the diastolic is hovering mainly around the mid-to high 40's. By the way, Mom is glad I made her get the bench in the shower! She has been very good about sitting down while she showers so she does not fall when she gets dizzy.

Mom is glad that her buddy Xander is back. He had a good night with two good bowel movements. He has been very good about taking the cisapride. Though he doesn't have much choice since I squirt it into his mouth, but he doesn't fight when I open his mouth. I have been told I do it so fast that the cats don't know what's happening until its over! The i/d diet came in today so I picked up a bag and started mixing it in with the Nature's Variety food they have been eating. The vet said Nature's Variety is a good quality food but Xander is needing something specifically to improve his digestion and stool quality. Dr. Sylvester said it wouldn't hurt for Chibi to be on it either since she will be a geriatric kitty next March.

The bulbuls in the front yard are gone, it has been quiet for the last 2 days. I think all of the fledglings are now able to fly so they left. The spotted doves and zebra doves are now back in the yard. I also saw a red-headed cardinal today.

Yesterday there was a red-vented bulbul in the cat run. It apparently came in through the chain link fence. It was frantically searching for a way to get out because Shiro was in the cat run. Fortunately for the bulbul, Shiro was more interested in sleeping in the sun than catching birds; it finally found its way back out. Today there was a brown anole on the netting. The anoles frequently go running along  the cat run walls.
Anolis sagrei

Hurricane Lester is now a Category 2 with winds in the center at 80 to 90 mph. It is predicted to pass nearest to O'ahu sometime tomorrow evening. On its current predicted path it will not make landfall but will bring winds of 30 to 40 mph and lots of rain. I moved the garbage, green waste, and recycle bins in to the front of the garage. I started moving other things in and realized there's not enough storage space to put everything under cover so I just consolidated things and am hoping for the best. 
(Image: Central Pacific Hurricane Center)









Mom is still concerned about whether we have enough food (we do). She also keeps asking if we have a lantern for light, she has forgotten about the solar lights that I have. Perhaps I should keep them visible tomorrow so that she is more comfortable that we do have something available. I think if the lights start flickering I might even turn them on and give her one to keep with her.

Happy Birthday to Dean and Steve!

No comments:

Post a Comment