Friday, September 23, 2016

It's a Good Thing I'm Here

Dad was not feeling well this morning. But he could not really describe it beyond, "not feeling well." Mom came to tell me about it, then added that she was going to give him aspirin, "because aspirin is good for everything." I wonder if this is what she has been doing for him before I arrived? I checked in with Dad, he feels tired but has no fever, upper respiratory issues, digestive tract issues, etc. He just doesn't feel well and is tired. When he tried the BEMER earlier it helped his energy level and he wanted to do it again. I was going to move the body pad and drape it over him as he lay in his bed but he said he wanted to go and lay on the pad like usual. The last time we did the BEMER was 2 weeks ago; Dad wants to now try it every day and see if that helps him feel better. Earlier we did it twice a week for 2 weeks and he had more energy and felt better. (Then we went to Vegas and he was too busy gambling or sleeping to use it.)

Mom was up at 5 this morning! And because she was rummaging around in the medicine cabinet and dropping noisy things, so was I. And the cats. She was looking for something to clean up the open sore on her left arm where she had scratched so much. She had already cleaned it up so I just put a band aid on it. Then I had her put the OTC benadryl anti-itch cream on the other areas that were itching. Mom is also wanting to try the BEMER every day to help with keeping warm. She knows that it worked for me, so she wants to see if it will work for her also.

Each time I use the BEMER on Mom and Dad I take a blood pressure reading before and after; the BEMER can lower blood pressure when it increases the ease of circulation through the small blood vessels. In the 7 times Mom has used the BEMER and the 5 times Dad has used it, their blood pressure has consistently decreased about 10 units for the systolic and about 3 units for the diastolic. For both Mom and Dad it is reducing their blood pressure from the pre-hypertension range to the normal range. For me it would decrease both the systolic and diastolic 1 to 3 units; I think that is because I have been using the BEMER for much longer so there is less improvement I can gain in my general circulation, I have stopped taking my blood pressure readings before and after I use the BEMER.

I watched the Hawaii Five-0 season premier tonight. But they did not have the scene that was filmed across the street from the neighbor's house.  I guess I'll have to keep watching in order to see it. FYI - Hawai'i had a female governor from 2002 to 2010. She was also Republican. And Jewish. Out of 8 governors since statehood Hawai'i has had a diverse array including Japanese, Hawaiian, Filipino, and one whom Mom calls a hippie.
The Governor and McGarrett

Happy Birthday to Bruce, Uncle Mike, and Christopher!

No comments:

Post a Comment