Friday, September 30, 2016

Landscape Project #1b Done

I finished the first part of the landscaping along the outside of the wall to the west side of the driveway. (Phase #1a was removing the shrubs blocking the view of the oncoming traffic. It is still in progress.)
26 bags, Done!

Basically, I put down weed cloth and red cinders to the meter box outside the wall. Almost. I need about 2 more bags to complete this part. I added another piece of weed cloth to continue for the next phase of the project. Ultimately, I will work my way down to the corner. It might take a year or so since I still need to kill off the invasive shrubs and get the stumps out.
Phase 1c

Here's my landscape project #2. I want to build a compost pile in the front yard near the mailbox. The main component will be the mango leaves. The first step will be getting the weeds out of the area. Then stacking the bricks for the walls to contain the leaves. Finally, adding the leaves. And other organic matter.


Mom wanted to get rid of her old prescription bottles. But first she wanted me to remove all the labels since they had her name on it. So I did. Then she just threw them into the trash. I thought she was going to put them through the shredder to get rid of the information since she had me carefully taking the labels off so no one could get them off the bottles. Sometimes there is no logic to her actions. At a minimum, at least I sorted the recyclable bottles from the non-recyclable ones.


I watched Hawaii Five-0 again tonight. Still no sign of the neighbor's house. McGarrett & Danno went to the Middle East and Great Britain tonight. Not Kaimuki.

Happy Birthday to Gary!

No comments:

Post a Comment