Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Thank You, TSA!

... for the cookie crumbs... Cousin Mae gave us some Cookie Chips (Original, Sea Salted Caramel, and Dark Chocolate Chocolate Chip). They were in good condition when I packed them. I put each into a Ziploc bag and filled it with air for cushioning. Then I carefully packed them in the hollow of the BEMER body pad that was rolled up around the control panel to protect it. When I opened up my suitcase I found each bag some place else in the suitcase, including under the 2 books that I bought while in Las Vegas. It looked like my entire suitcase had been emptied out then repacked. And not very gently or with any thought in mind of keeping fragile things protected. And they didn't leave their friendly little message saying that they had examined my suitcase.
How the cookies crumbled

This morning I took Mom in for her blood draw. Dr. Chan requested it so that he could see how she is doing after the trip to Vegas. Although Mom was up early this morning, after we had lunch she took a nap. She's still asleep at 9:30 pm. So is Dad. I overslept, too. Was just going to take a short nap before I started dinner; it was 6 pm when I got up, about half an hour after we usually have dinner!

Here's the First Class dinner on the plane last night; teriyaki chicken with Asian noodles (that's what they called it), fresh mixed vegetable salad, a roll, and a brownie with real silverware, glassware, and dishes. There was also an ice cream sundae later. Things started with refreshments (including champagne) while people in coach class were boarding the plane. The appetizer was mixed nuts ... about 1/2 cup ... in a ramekin ... warmed up. The seats were adjustable, I was able to set the footrest so that my feet weren't dangling like they always do. I could get spoiled!


Happy Birthday to Joan, Terri, Pramila, & Aaron!

No comments:

Post a Comment