Monday, October 17, 2016

Back to Normal

... Not!

Mom was complaining about being tired and was out of breath a lot. When I took her in for her blood test this morning she was totally winded walking from the parking garage to the waiting area for the lab tests. We kind of guessed Dr. Chan's office would be calling for a transfusion this week. She was so low they scheduled her for tomorrow even though I said I would be unable to get her in today for the cross match. (There was only 25 minutes to get her to the lab before it closed for the day.) They said to come in at 7:30 for the cross match; they did not want to put off the transfusion till Wednesday. I forgot to ask how many units she was getting so I don't know how long we will be there, but the last time we did a cross match at the ATC we had to wait for an additional 3 hours.

When we were running errands after the blood draw this morning, Mom was so tired I had to push her while she sat on her walker. We definitely need to get a small wheelchair for her for the last few days before she gets her transfusion.

I don't think I get to count it as an ER visit that I made, but I was "with" Kai via IM during his ER visit this morning. His final diagnosis was inflammatory colitis, cause unknown. They have given him an anti-inflammatory. I will be checking in with him over the next few days to see how he is doing.

When I went to check for Momo, I saw a bunch of tents set up in the new parking lot at the humane society. I asked about them, turns out these were the 300+ dogs that were confiscated last week from a place in Waianae. It was run as a no-kill shelter, but apparently the operator was unable to care for the animals properly.

On the way back I saw another view of Leahi. This is taken from Date Street, looking over the Ala Wai Public Golf Course.
Leahi #19

No comments:

Post a Comment