Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Xander Has Been a Bad Boy

For a few days now I have been smelling something that told me that someone was creating a new litter box of their own, but I was unable to find anything in the usual area. (When Momo & Shiro first arrived, Momo bullied Xander so he began pooping near my bedroom door at the end of the hallway. I'm not sure if it was Xander's comment on the new living arrangements or what. After much work I got him to stop doing that.) Since Momo has been gone there is no bullying to cause this; perhaps Xander is stressing because his (now) buddy Momo is gone! Whatever. I found a pile in a corner near the front door and cleaned it up with Nature's Miracle Pet Mess Scrubbing Wipes, then sprayed the area with Nature's Miracle No More Marking Stain & Odor Remover with Natural Repellent. (The repellent is actually for dogs, but I figure the oils used - cinnamon and lemongrass - would at least make the area smell nice if it did not work as a repellent for cats.) I also put down a couple of Ilio Puppy Pads over the area so if he does it again it is contained and easier to clean up. (The front door is blocked so it is not used as access. Hence the difficulty in finding the new area.) FYI - I know it's Xander because I caught him in the act! (I suppose the good news is that he is no longer constipated!)
I line the products up to serve as a visual line, I also use a spray bottle of water as a training tool so I am hopeful the sight of a spray bottle will cause him to think twice about what he is planning on doing!

Dr. Chan's office called this morning, they want Mom to get a transfusion tomorrow. She is low on red blood cells as well as platelets. She probably lost a bunch of RBCs with all the bleeding from the thumb; which is still leaking a little, probably due to the low platelet level. We will probably be there at least 5 hours. Curtis bought a new car on Saturday so if he has no meetings, he will probably bring us lunch from one of the lunch trucks on base. I will try to remember to get a photo before we start eating!

Mom was so tired yesterday, I used a wheelchair to get her back to the car after her regular blood draw. Today I made her wait in the car while I went to get a wheelchair so I could take her to the lab for the cross match. She did not argue or try to do it on her own, so I know she is feeling the effects of the low RBC and hemoglobin levels. Lori found a nice compact wheelchair for her mom, I will ask her if she can order one for Mom; I will keep it in the back of the RAV4 so it is available when we are out and about.

Not much was done to the back bedroom during the visit earlier this month. In fact, some boxes were added to the back bedroom. It will be one of the areas I focus on for the trip in November.
Day #0
Day #3

Happy Birthday to Diane!

No comments:

Post a Comment