Saturday, November 26, 2016

Gobble, Gobble!

Dad opened up his presents last night. Along with the rest of the gifts she gave him, Lori also gave Dad some Thanksgiving cookies from Liliha Bakery.


Mom frequently says she has nothing to wear. But if you look around the house you will find she has clothes in 3 1/2 closets. Plus 2 temporary clothes hangers. (It used to be 3 but I moved some of her stuff so I could use one.) She found a blouse that she thought she might wear today but didn't. It was the first article of clothing I have seen with a dragonfly design where the dragonfly's mandibles are visible.
Dragonfly in center, damselfly in upper left corner.

I finally cleared the backlog of old newspapers off the chair in the family room. Shiro promptly claimed it as his.


Later in the evening, when Shiro went to sleep on the bed where Mom was watching TV, Chibi took over. (Usually she sleeps on the green bean bag chair.)


Mom got out of bed last night and tripped on the rug she keeps in the hallway, fell, and was unable to get up. When I went to help her up she got mad at me and insisted she could get up on her own. She couldn't. Even with help from Dad and me it was difficult for her to get up. Even though I asked her to call me when she needed to get up out of bed, and she said she would, she didn't; I had to rely on the monitor to figure out if she was out of bed. I had a very sleepless night, listening to the monitor. I think I am going to have to get a bed alarm like they have in the hospital to know when the patient is trying to leave the bed.

Just before dinner tonight she almost fell again. We have been telling her she is not to carry things when she walks since she focuses more on what she is carrying and does not pay attention to what she is walking on. We try to reason with her that if she falls with something breakable she could injury herself again and need to go to the hospital. It sticks for about 5 minutes, then we're back to square one again. But I think if I keep saying the same thing we might be able to get her to begin complying.

Happy Birthday to Michelle!

No comments:

Post a Comment