Friday, November 4, 2016

Happy 90th Birthday, Mom!

I have been leaving notes on the mirror for Mom & Dad to let them know what day it is. Today's note included, "Happy Birthday, Mom!" Good thing I did that, she forgot it was her birthday today! As part of her birthday celebration today we will be having dinner with cousin Val. Valerie originally thought she would not be able to make it due to a freelance job, but husband Pete said he would cover it so she could come to visit. (He's a keeper!) It was a pleasant surprise to get that message from her this morning!

Yesterday I was so engrossed with the beds and catching up with our previous day I forgot to post about dinner. I had the Chili with Rice or Spaghetti. If you have meal coupons with your vacation package the key is, if you do not want the rice or spaghetti, to ask for the carb on the side (which makes Mom very happy when we order white rice on the side). If you just order the chili you will get the chili side order which is not covered by the coupon. If you are not using coupons, just get the chili side order if that is all you want. We very strongly believe they are serving Zippy's chili even though it doesn't say so on the menu. It tastes like Zippy's chili, it looks like Zippy's chili, and in the omelet section their Chili Omelet says the chili used on the omelet is Zippy's chili.


I like the type of carpet they have in the hallways. I don't necessarily like the design itself, I like that the design is asymmetrical. When you step out of your room you instantly know which way leads to the elevator. OK, so maybe I know instantly which way leads to the elevator. Not that I don't know when the carpet is totally symmetrical, but it makes it a lot easier. But then I use the same habit when I am hiking and I look back over my shoulder whenever I make a turn so that I know what the trail looks like on my return.


I did not play my $20 yesterday, so I played it today while I sat with Mom and gave Curt a much needed rest. For the first $20 I played, among other things; I got a full house then four of a kind. I made $60 off of that first $20.
I forgot to take a photo before I cashed out so it shows $0.
I remembered to take a photo before I cashed out; I would have been down to $1.25 if this had not happened.

For the second $20 I made nothing at all. Curt said to set an upper limit on how much I make before I cash out. I decided I should cash out when I make $20 since that is how much I am playing each day, then I lose no money for that day. On the first voucher I was getting close to $20 with $17.50 when I got the full house which pays $10. On the second the payout was more than $20 so the voucher is larger. Here are the 3 vouchers for today's play. Right now I am ahead $42.50. (Technically, I am ahead $242.50 since none of the money was mine to begin with.)
The top voucher was after I got the full house, the 2nd was for the four 10's, and the third was for my small winnings adding up to my $20 limit.

Cousin Valerie drove in from Arizona, she was in time for dinner. Curt, Mom, Val, & I had a great time at the Market Place Cafe! I had the prime rib dinner, but only managed to remember to take a photo when the cherries jubilee dessert that comes with the dinner arrived. I also took a photo of Mom with her complimentary slice of chocolate cake while a chorus of "Happy Birthday to You!" was being sung.
Cherries jubilee
Happy Birthday to You!

We later met up with Dad at the machines. Val & I talked while the others gambled, until we decided to go upstairs and talk without all the background noises!
L to R: Valerie, Dad, Mom, & Curtis

When Mom arrived at the room later I changed the dressing on her thumb. It looks so much better than it did earlier; the Mepilex Ag dressing is amazing!


Happy Birthday to Faith! Happy 39th Anniversary to Debbie & Chad!

No comments:

Post a Comment