Monday, December 12, 2016

Gingerbread & Transfusion #13 & ER #10

Mom went in for her weekly blood test for Dr. Chan this morning. On our way in we passed by their Christmas tree and display of gingerbread houses that were made by the Kaiser staff.
Take a close look at the 3rd one from the left in the front row; not sure if that is supposed to be Olaf on the left.

Here is the one that I like the best. It is Santa's Adult Daycare!
I probably should have used the flash to see more detail; if it's still there next week I will try again.

Later in the afternoon, Dr. Chan called to set Mom up for a platelet transfusion for tomorrow. But we will be on a plane to Kona at 8 am tomorrow so that was not an option. I asked if she could do it when we return next week, Dr. Chan said he would rather have her come in this evening if possible; but it would have to be at the ER since the ATC would be closed. So we went to the Kaiser Moanalua ER. By the way, this is also ER visit #10 for me this year! It is a combination of visits for Mom, Kai, one of our friends, and me (I personally only went once); I think Kai & Mom are tied for most visits. (In case you are wondering, you can go back & check the blog for details; it started on June 9th.) We got to the ER about 5 pm & left about 10:30 pm. Normally it is a very fast procedure, but they were out of platelets at Moanalua and had to get them from the Hawaii Blood Bank so it took about twice as long. And then Mom had to go home and pack! (I have been reminding her since Saturday to pack but she kept putting it off. I am packed except for the last minute things that go in tomorrow morning.) Auwe!

Deja vu all over again! This is the same thing that happened with the first trip to Las Vegas in September. Mom went to the ER the day before we were supposed to leave. Fortunately, we were on a later flight so I was able to get her checked out just in time to get her to the airport. I packed her bags the night before since she put off packing also.

Happy Birthday to Lisa!

No comments:

Post a Comment