Friday, December 23, 2016

Jane's Christmas Trees

Today's highlight was going to visit Jane & her Christmas trees. Each tree she sets up has a theme, usually she has 3 trees, this year she added another.
Mom & Jane
Precious Moments tree
Handmade ornaments tree; Kaiau in foreground by tree.
The moving ornaments tree ...
... with a color-changing Death Star tree topper.
The Disney tree is the new tree.

After the tour of the trees, we had lunch.
L to R: steak, somen salad, chicken, shrimp in wonton wrappers, salad, & rolls.

Mom's thumb looks great! I took the last bandage off on Monday ( 4 days ago). It is totally healed, now she needs to spend time moving it and bending it to get the full range of motion back and ease the swelling.


I did 2 loads of laundry this morning before we went to Jane's house. Both loads were primarily things from Kohala. I brought them back to clean them up, some had become a little damp while in storage & were starting to mildew, others were in drawers full of termite frass. I had to tie a rag on the outlet of the hose to keep water from splashing out of the laundry tub.


I washed all the dish towels from the kitchen drawers. One of the things I discovered while I was folding the laundry was 2 Russian dish towels. Not sure where Grandma would have picked them up; I can't imagine any of the stores in Kohala importing goods from Russia and I know she never made a trip to Russia.
From Russia, With Love.

Happy Birthday to Jody & Mariangela! Happy Festivus to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment