Friday, December 16, 2016

Mom's Big Island Visit, Day #1

We left Honolulu about 8 am on the 13th. At first Mom complained about the early flight but after I explained that Curtis started work at 7 am so I timed it so that he could drop us off on his way to work, she was fine with it. One of the perks of traveling interisland with Mom when she is in a wheelchair at the airport is that Hawaiian Airlines reassigns her to a seat closer to the front of the plane (usually a seat you have to pay for an upgrade) if it is available so that she can get on and off easier.


Posts about Mom's trip to the Big Island will be sporadic while we are here. I can't leave her alone at the house while I go to the Kohala Coffee Mill & use their wi-fi and its too cold for her to go with me since it is just a covered porch. The North Kohala Library is similar though it is indoors it is fairly cool from the air conditioning and their hours are limited (last month it wasn't working). And the wi-fi at the  Kohala Hospital is down while they are doing their remodeling. For now I am at Kohala Coffee Mill until my battery runs out (power does not come on for another 3 hours or so.) Here's my companion.


We made a quick visit with Uncle Kazu on the day we arrived, just to check in and see how he was doing. He was in the day room. Besides the other things they also have a slot machine and a fish tank for the residents.


In the afternoon David and his wife Mei and daughter Bodhi came for a short visit. A few years ago, David had lived at the house for a couple of years. He took care of the lawn and little repairs to keep things from falling down around him. He really liked the renovation I have been doing. Here's Bodhi, she's almost 2-years old.


We had gone to Takata Store earlier and picked up some things for dinner. As much as possible, we try to buy local. The bread is from Mamane Bakery which is in Waimea and the salad greens are from Lone Palm Farm in Kohala.


I never got around to mailing Christmas goodies so I did them from here. This is some of what Kai and his friend Xeon are getting.


Please excuse the typos! I'm at 2% so I am publishing without reviewing it!


Happy Birthday to Adnan! Happy Belated Birthday to Richard, Linda, Stephanie, & Louis! Happy Belated 2nd Annversary to Clarissa & John!

No comments:

Post a Comment