Thursday, December 8, 2016

Mom's Thumb is Looking Much Better!

I'm now the one that is changing all of Mom's bandages on her thumb. I'm supposed to do it every 2 or 3 days. Since they used Medihoney on Mom's thumb I decided to leave it on longer in order to let the Medihoney do its work. It's looking really good now.


I did a lot of laundry today. I started with Mom & Dad's sheets & pillowcases because I had not noticed that Mom had ever done them even though she says she does them all the time. (And Dad was awake & out of bed.) I also did their blankets. While everything was in the wash I went to get another set of sheets ... and found a mess in the closet! So I spent a couple hours taking everything out, sorting, folding, and restacking everything. But I forgot to take a before picture, so you'll have to use your imagination while you look at the after picture. (I think I will have to do this with the towel closet as well.)
Everything is labelled so that anyone else can find things.

Part way through the task, I had to stop and make lunch for Mom & Dad; but Dad skipped lunch. When I returned I found Xander "helping". I guess it was to be expected since I was sorting everything on the bed that Xander spends a lot of time sleeping on.


I also washed the leggings that Lori bought for Mom to keep her warm. Mom had been wearing a pair of long pants that had to be tied, which made it slower for her to get to the bathroom. She loves the new leggings, they're soft & warm and have an elastic waistband. Lori bought another pair for her that has a winter theme but is made in Christmas colors so Mom is saving it for Christmas day.
Mom in her new leggings.

Mom's skin looked so much better this morning. Her sides were not as red as they were after her bath last night, the lotion last night really helped. I used more lotion on her this morning and she was a lot less itchy all day. Even though her skin is looking much better & she is not itching much at all, she still complains that I am using too much lotion on her; the dementia does not allow her to connect the use of the lotion with the decrease of the itching.

Happy Birthday to Terry, Andrea, Roy, Lonnie, & Michael!

No comments:

Post a Comment