Wednesday, December 28, 2016

New Anti-Itch Lotion

Even with 3 bottles, we ran out of lotion for Mom last night. So I went to Longs Drugs today to get more. As I mentioned before, I decided to go with the Curel since it had "itch defense" in its name. While at Longs I discovered the CVS store brand right next to the Curel has a similar formulation. It is conveniently named Anti-Itch Lotion. And its about half the cost of the Curel. So that's what we now have.

Mom is still having dizzy spells. Which is a good news, bad news type of thing. Bad because she is dizzy & needs a lot of supervision when she tries to do things, like stand up. Good because the dizziness makes her not want to do much so she spends a lot of time sleeping or lying down; which means I can run errands while she is asleep.

Today while running errands I stopped at the Subaru dealer to check on the cost for a 2016 Outback. Earlier this morning I had searched on-line and got a quote of $30K. When I stopped in I asked if that was really the best they could do. It turns out the one shown had a moon roof which I did not want so that brought the price down, then they wanted to move it off the lot; so it went down to $28.5K. Then I went to the Hawaii State credit union to find out how much I could get a loan for. In a matter of 10 minutes Patrick the loan officer approved me for a $29K loan at 2.49%.

Dad likes peanut butter. And a lot of friends & family know that. So sometimes he receives gifts of peanut butter or similar things, like Speculoos Cookie Butter. I'm out of my regular peanut butter which is just ground peanuts from the co-op, no salt, no sugar, just peanuts. I found the cookie butter in the cabinet and decided to eat it since Dad never would; it's got to be Skippy's or he won't touch it. And we really couldn't give it away since the Best By date was April 2016. The first day I used it like I do my regular peanut butter, I filled all the holes in the waffle. Not a good idea! It was sooooo sweet it gave me a headache. Today I used it very sparingly and it was better.


Happy Birthday to Jennifer!

No comments:

Post a Comment