Sunday, December 11, 2016

Oodles of Goodies

Mom likes her goodies. And many of her friends and family know that. She has a lot of goodies sitting on the kitchen counter where we eat breakfast. Several times a day she spreads them out to see what she has, usually she munches on 1 or 2 of them. Then she walks away. Here is the post-breakfast spread.
Post-breakfast spread.

I usually leave them spread out on the counter until the next meal since it doesn't bother anything to leave it there, and she would probably spread it out again anyway. When I do clean it up I carefully stack them in the back section of counter to the right. Here is the post-lunch spread; she added a cookbook & the Greek olives from the Christmas package from Suzanne. Many of the goodies have notes on who gave them to Mom; previously every time she spread them out she would ask me who gave them to her so I wrote on them so she now knows when she picks it up.
Post-lunch spread.

OK, this is confusing. In order to get the best connection for the wi-fi I am sitting in the kitchen at the counter, looking in the direction of the TV while I compose this. (My bedroom is at the opposite end of the house from the router, about 60 feet away; it's a long, skinny house, 25' wide by 70' long.) Mom & Dad are watching "Frozen" on the Disney Channel. But there are these Target commercials based on the Nutcracker Suite. John Legend is the Rap King (as opposed to the Rat King); he and the Nutcracker duel by rapping. (Spoiler: The Nutcracker can't rap, so Clara has to rap to save the day.) So between scenes of "Frozen" there are scenes from Target's Nutcracker Rap.

It's been about 6 months but Shiro still goes to the back door to look for Momo. I know he's looking for Momo because he still makes that funny meow that cat's use when they are calling each other. He also wakes up in the middle of the night and calls for Momo.


I changed the bandage on Mom's thumb tonight. It's looking even better. But there is spot on the good part of her thumb that is getting raw; I think it is because she keeps getting the bandage wet no matter how much I try to get her to keep a glove on it when she is near water. Hopefully all will be healed up at the next bandage change on Wednesday.


Mom and I are going to the Big Island on Tuesday so posts will not be as regular.

Happy Birthday to Dina, Carlo, & Seth!

No comments:

Post a Comment