Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Fancy Filing Boxes

I needed a filing box to help get my room organized. So yesterday, after the blood draw, we stopped in at Office Max. I needed just 1. It wasn't the least expensive one, those came in a pack of 6. So I got the Bankers Box 2-pack, because I only needed 1. Filing boxes have gotten fancier since I last bought one. Not only is this one made with 60% post-consumer recycled paper, it also has ergonomically placed handles to ease wrist strain when hauling heavy boxes. You just have to make sure you put the cover on the right way ...
What do you think the little hole to the left of the hand hold is for?

Dr. Chan's office called this morning. Mom needs to go in for a transfusion on Thursday, so we needed to go in for a cross match today. Mom was so tired it took her over an hour to get ready. We got there after lunch and had to wait a lot longer than usual. On the way back we stopped at the humane society to check for Momo. When I came out there was a rainbow in Manoa Valley, one end was on the RAV4, where Mom was waiting in the nice warm car. She stayed in the car, I think her past experiences with opening the door & having the alarm go off helped keep her from leaving. I have found that even with the dementia, repetition helps some actions to be retained at least for a short while.


I must have been really tired last night. After getting up at 7 am to put out Mom's alendronate, pick up the morning paper, feed Shiro, open the door to the cat run for the cats, and fill up their water bowls, I went back for a short nap ... and woke up at 11 am when Dr. Chan's nurse called! I'm thinking that it was a mild fibromyalgia attack so I decided I had better start up with the BEMER treatments again.

Shortly after the call from Dr. Chan's office, I got a call from Arlene, the insurance agent for the homeowners policy for the Kohala house. She had good news, they can cover the new Subaru & I even get a discount since I have a car insurance policy that is still current! I am hoping that while I am with Mom at the hospital tomorrow Arlene and Kirk can get everything ready so that I can get the loan on Friday morning and get the check to Kirk shortly after that. Then pick up the car on the weekend.

Happy Birthday to Mary, Tom, Jim, Dave, Kristin, & Gyassi!

No comments:

Post a Comment