Tuesday, January 17, 2017

First 100 Miles

On the way to Mom's blood draw I reached 100 miles driving my new Subaru! But I couldn't stop to take a photo, so here's a photo of it over 100 miles.


While we were driving around today, I had the temperature on Mom's side of the car at 85 degrees and her seat warmer on the lowest setting; Mom said it was perfect. On my side the temperature was 70 degrees and no butt warmer; also perfect!

I am expecting Dr. Chan's office to call tomorrow morning to set Mom up for a transfusion later this week. She has been complaining that her neck is sore because her head is too heavy and her neck is too long; her favorite complaint that usually shows up in the few days before she needs a transfusion. She is also sleeping a lot more. I signed up for access to Mom's file through the Kaiser website; I got an alert this afternoon about 4:30 that her test results from this morning's blood draw were available. Her hemoglobin is at 7.2 gm/dl and her platelet pack is 6K/uL. Dr. Chan's criteria for a transfusion is when Mom's hemoglobin goes below 8 gm/dl or her platelet pack is below 10K/uL.

One of the errands we did today took us past another view of Leahi. This is number 26 in the series. It was taken from 11th Avenue, looking southwesterly.
Leahi #26 from 11th Avenue, looking southwesterly.

Here's another baby picture. This is my friends' Anne & Mary Kay's grandson Jace, born on 11/28. His mother Kathy was the one that made the all-Korean food rehearsal dinner for the wedding I returned to Washington in July for.

Happy Birthday to Kathryn & Jon! Happy 7th Anniversary to Everett & Alyssa!

No comments:

Post a Comment