Sunday, January 8, 2017

How Cold Is It?

For the last week it has been getting cold enough that the coconut oil has solidified. I have never had it solidify before in Hawai'i except in the refrigerator. Because the ambient house temperature warms up so it is over 76 degrees F for several hours during the day, the coconut oil is not really hard like it was in Washington at "room" temperature. (We heated our house to 69 in the winter and during summers the house never got consistently hot enough to melt the coconut oil.) The forecast says we can expect to have spreadable coconut oil for another week or so.


I have now spent 2 days with Mom doing the modified Epley maneuvers. It appears that Mom's dizziness is lessening. Her dizzy episodes have gone from 8 to 10 a day to 5 or 6 a day. And they usually are not as intense as they were in the beginning. We will continue with the modified Epley maneuver until she has no dizzy spells for 24 hours.

Today is the 1st anniversary of my retirement. A lot has happened in the last year. I sold my house. I moved 2,700 miles. I've gone to Las Vegas twice and to the Big Island 4 times. I finished the 1st phase of renovating a 1926 house and bought a 2016 car. I went to the emergency room 11 times and accompanied Mom to 16 transfusions. I go to the hospital with Mom at least once a week. I've been to memorials for 2 uncles, an aunt, & 1 friend, a wedding of 2 good friends, and became a grandaunt. I'm still missing a cat but haven't given up hope of finding him; neither has his brother.

Happy 45th Anniversary to Pat & Dave and Pam & Dennis!

No comments:

Post a Comment