Saturday, January 14, 2017

Momo Has Been Spotted Nearby!

I spent over 3 hours today distributing fliers with Momo's photo on them. I covered over 5 miles (which is more than 11,000 steps) & gave out 93 fliers. And this was only covering the block we live on and 3 other areas that friendly people saw orange tabby cats. I spoke to some really nice people, most of whom were also cat owners. One little girl said she saw an orange cat with a funny eye across the street from her school (Liholiho Elementary), where I went to also. Another nice lady had a dilute orange tabby named Mumu, she lived next door to my former elementary school teacher. And Momi, who lives across the street from the school with the cat the little girl had seen, had some good suggestions on other places to look. Her cat, Lefty, has only one eye, the other is sewn shut and that is the "funny eye" that the little girl had seen. (Darn! I should have taken a picture of Lefty for the blog!) I think the best tip came from the guy who lives on the corner of 9th & Kilauea (we're on 8th & Kilauea). He said he was sitting at the bus stop about a month ago & saw an orange cat crossing the street, stalking the chickens across from the bus stop.

I broke up my flier distribution in to 3 blocks of time so I would only be gone about an hour each time so I could check on Mom & also make lunch for them. Each time I returned, Mom kept saying I would never find Momo. After dinner I got a call from Scott, he wasn't home when I dropped the flier off at his house. He said he sees Momo several times a week early in the morning when he feeds his feral colony; Momo never comes in the evening when he feeds his cats. Scott was the 2nd to the last house that I left a flier at. He is about 1/2 a block from where the bus stop is located. I will be going to visit him tomorrow to see if Momo is around.

Mom wanted me to put together a list of family birthdays so she could mail birthday cards to people. It was pretty complete, besides addresses I also included phone numbers so she could call people since she has been avoiding writing. I gave it to her tonight. Now she is accusing me of wanting to keep her and Dad isolated because I did not include their address and phone number on the list! Another no win situation, the logic of not putting their address and phone number on the list escapes her.

Happy Birthday to Glenn, Sidnee, Darrell, Bruce, Jon, & Alberto!

No comments:

Post a Comment