Sunday, January 22, 2017

wind·fall ˈwin(d)fôl/ noun

Noun: windfall; plural noun: windfalls
An apple or other fruit blown down from a tree or bush by the wind. 
A piece of unexpected good fortune, typically one that involves receiving a large amount of money.

"windfall profits", "the inheritance from Uncle Larry was an unexpected windfall"
That's what I found this morning when I looked over at the front lawn as I was picking up the paper. There were 11 pomelos on the lawn yesterday after dinner; there were now 32 of them lying around!
There's just as many still on the tree.

After lunch I stacked them up. As I was rounding them up, I gave 2 away to some ladies who were walking by. I had to throw 3 away; one was cracked and full of bugs, the other 2 were very green and hard, I think they were on the same branch and came down with the ripe ones.


And the garbage bins were also not where I left them last night. Here's what they looked like this morning.
But where's the black bin?
Oh, there it is, on the other side of the driveway!
Here's how they were lined up to resist the wind. Usually there's a couple feet of space between them for maneuvering.

Happy Birthday to Jesse!

No comments:

Post a Comment