Friday, January 13, 2017

Yay! I'm Getting 18,748,600 British Sterling Pounds!

I received a letter today from Great Britain! A long-lost relative died along with his heir and I am now in line to receive 65% of GBL 28,844,000 (or Twenty-eight million, eight hundred and forty-four thousand British Pounds Sterling only)! Can you say scam? They tried to make it look legit, there really is a Co-operative Bank, PLC, that has a Deputy CEO named Liam Coleman, and the address is really 80 Cornhill, but the last 2 letters of the mailing code are wrong.

Let's go through this paragraph by paragraph. My address - they have terrible investigators if they couldn't find my current address, it's no secret. The date - there is an unnecessary comma. Salutation - a proper Brit would not skip the Ms/Miss/Mrs. Paragraph 1 - too informal. Paragraph 2 - how did all 3 of them die at the same time? How come the personal funds manager did not know about this vast amount? And what about his estate lawyers and accountants? I cannot believe someone with this much money would not have a whole bunch of people keeping track of his money, because he would obviously have much more than this that he was using to fund his lifestyle. Paragraph 3 - Japan has really good records, I can't believe they couldn't find anyone else. Paragraph 4 - I also can't believe they couldn't find Dad, because Dad would be a closer relative than me. And why would I have to give the bank 35% if it was an inheritance? Taxes, yes; bank, no. Paragraph 5 - I'm sure that draft application comes with a large fee to be submitted. Paragraph 6 - Why would the Deputy CEO have an e-mail address that is not connected to his company that he is representing, especially one that has a domain name registered in Bedminster, NJ, to the World Media Group, LLC? (I learned how to find this type of info from my son the geek!)

Yay! The 2-tier storage is continuing to keep the mess contained. It does, however, give Mom an easier time choosing what she wants to eat. She was nibbling almost constantly for the last hour before dinner tonight. So it was not a surprise that she was not very hungry.
The post-breakfast spread.

Here's what my nightstand looks like. The V-tech monitor is on loan from cousin Baron to help me keep track of Mom; it works a lot better than the Graco monitors. Those had a background hum and when I plugged my phone in to charge it there would be even more interference and noise; enough so that I would have to turn down the volume in order to sleep. It also has built-in rechargeable batteries so I just need to unplug & go when I have to work in the yard.  
L to R: BEMER control panel, V-tech monitor parent unit, & clock.

Happy Birthday to cousin Tomiko! And also to Ray & Rachel!

1 comment:

  1. My mother and I separately received near identical letters as yours!

    ReplyDelete