Saturday, February 4, 2017

Another Oxi-Clean Experiment

I soaked my socks that were stained by the Kaimuki red dirt a few months ago in Oxi-Clean to see what would happen. The photos make the socks after the washing look dingy, but they really weren't. The red dirt stains are a slight bit lighter than before. Perhaps another soaking will make it even lighter, though I don't really care since the stains are on the bottom. I am just testing the abilities of the Oxi-Clean.
Before
After 

I picked up 3 small papayas at Kokua Market a couple days ago. I cut one open this morning and got a surprise. It had hardly any seeds in it, which made it really easy to clean out. This is probably why the fruit was smaller than normal. I am going to save the seeds to see if I can grow them. I am also going to check on the 2 other papayas to see if they also have less seeds.


When I got up this morning to do all the things I do before Mom gets up, Dad was awake. He called me in to the bedroom & asked for the lidocaine patch & acetaminophen. He said the pain in his leg last night was so bad he was unable to sleep. After I put the patch on & gave him the acetaminophen he went to sleep. He was so tired he did not get up until dinner. When he did, his leg was better but he still needed help to get to the kitchen. I brought the wheelchair in & wheeled him there. After dinner I did the daily exercises that PT Jean prescribed, but only did 2 reps since his right leg was hurting. But I did have him do it for both legs since Dr. Toilolo had said he needed to do exercises for the left leg. Dad wheeled himself back to the bedroom a little earlier than usual and went straight to bed. Hopefully he will feel better tomorrow.

Mom doesn't remember that she fell and fractured her rib. All she knows is that her side hurts. I did the incentive spirometer exercises with her, she still could not remember how to do them. I remembered that I had read that the frequency of a cat's purr helps heal bones. I mentioned that to her and got her an infographic and an article for her to read. Xander normally sleeps next to her right side, she was going to try to get him to sleep on the left side where she has the broken rib.
Guess Mom did not succeed in getting Xander to sleep on her left side.

Happy Birthday to Karen, Crilly, & Ben!

No comments:

Post a Comment