Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Dad Counting Cars Again

Yesterday was the last day that Dad had a lidocaine patch for the pain in his right leg. So now he is only on acetaminophen. Even though he tells me he is still at level 5 of the 1 to 10 pain scale, he seems to be better. This evening after dinner, he had me take the wheelchair outside so that he could sit & watch the cars drive by; Mom calls this "counting cars". Dad used to sit outside on the front porch after dinner every night, but that began to change about a year ago. After I arrived last June, I only saw him sit outside after dinner only a handful of times. I am wondering if he stopped sitting outside when his leg started hurting? I know he told Dr. Nakano his leg had been hurting for a while but he did not put an actual time frame on it. Hopefully, as the pain subsides, he will get back to his old habits.


Mom said she was having trouble eating at dinner. She said there was something wrong with her mouth. She showed us the area where she said it was hurting. She said it only hurt when she was eating. She doesn't remember biting herself and it doesn't like like a bite either. Fortunately, she is going to the dentist in a few days. I will ask the dentist to take a look at it and advise what to do.


I got a message from Suzanne today. She said she & Manu will be in Hawai'i in March! They are coming to honor the passing of one of their halau members. They will drop by to see Mom while they are here; I told Mom & she was very excited to hear the news. Next week she has other visitors; Sarah & her new daughter Kaia and David & his girlfriend Randi arrive on Monday. They will be staying for a week. It will be fun to have them here!

Happy Birthday to Barb, Heather, & Alison!

No comments:

Post a Comment