Friday, February 10, 2017

Pantry Reorg Completed!

I finished the closet pantry reorganization today. I had a little help from Shiro.
Shiro supervising the pantry reorganization.
All done! (For now.)

I also did a little reorganizing in my bedroom. I am living out of one bedroom and don't have any closet space. I have a small, 3-drawer dresser, about 10 feet of horizontal space, & a foldable clothes rack that provides about 3 feet of hanging space. So I have to go vertical with my storage. It was getting too crowded on the bedside table. So I got a plastic storage drawer.
The BEMER control unit takes up the most space.
Now I have a small space for my phone to sit at night.

There are 2 other spots that are priorities for me to organize in the bedroom soon. One is the top of the desk closest to the door, the other is the space at the foot of the bed; I also have the rest of the space on top of the table next to the bed. The rest is Mom's stuff that she was storing in the bedroom & closet (and still is).
The desk; books to far right are cookbooks from America's Test Kitchen. The calendar has been buried since September.
Pile at the foot of the bed on top of Mom's footlocker.

Chibi decided to change up where she is sleeping. She used to sleep under the couch during the day, then in the late afternoon she would move out to the green bean bag chair. Later in the evening she would prowl around. Today, instead of the bean bag chair she went for the Purr Pad on the chair. The Purr Pad keeps the hair off the chair. In Washington the cats really liked it because it also helped keep them warmer; here in Hawai'i it is less popular but the still like it if they can spread out. 


Mom's dementia makes things that used to be easy, more difficult for her. She has trouble finding the right words, it frustrates her a lot. She also has trouble figuring out how to do things; she couldn't figure out how to open the resealable cat treat bag. She ended up cutting the top open.


The other project I had today was hanging the photo of Sarah & Kaia. Mom wanted to hang it in the hallway. Where no one would see it. I put it in the living room where she has had a crocheted snowflake hanging for about 5 years.
Snowflake from Tulalip Tribes holiday fair.
Hmmmm ... I apparently used the wrong marks. It needs to move to the right a little.

I took Mom to the dentist today. Or at least, that was the plan. The hygienist asked if it was okay with Mom's doctor. I called, it wasn't. Dr. Chan said there was too much of a chance for her to get an infection from the cleaning. He said the only time she should go to the dentist is if she had an abscessed tooth that needs to be removed or a toothache that needs to be examined.

Happy Birthday to Stan & cousin Eileen!

No comments:

Post a Comment