Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Seedless Papaya

A few days ago I mentioned I picked up 3 papayas and the first one I cut open had just a few seeds. The second also had a few seeds. But the third had absolutely no seeds. I have about a dozen seeds from the first 2 papayas; I'll try to start them and see if the resulting plants also produce fruit with just a few seeds. Which will make Mom happy, she has been wanting to grow papayas for the last few years. I bought a couple plants for her in the very beginning of my frequent trips home; she forgot to water them and they died. I stopped buying plants for her after a few more dead plants.


Dad slept all day. Although he said his leg was less painful, he did not feel like leaving bed. I think he was catching up on his sleep since his leg was hurting less; I know it was making sleep difficult for him earlier. We'll see how he feels tomorrow.

Mom still keeps trying to do too much because she can't remember that she broke her rib. It has been a week now since she broke her rib. And she still needs directions on how to use the incentive spirometer even though we do it every hour that she is awake. I am amazed at how severely the dementia has affected her short term memory. It will be interesting to see if she will begin to remember anything since we will be doing this for 6 weeks.

Happy Birthday to David & Roxy!

No comments:

Post a Comment