Sunday, February 5, 2017

Yet Another Oxi-Clean Experiment

Mom bled all over another white towel last night, so I soaked it in Oxi-Clean. I added my trillium sweatshirt to the bucket to see if a 2nd soaking would help. I was pleasantly surprised! The food stain was gone!
Before
After first Oxi-Clean soak.
After today's Oxi-Clean soak!

Dad woke up about 5:30 this morning, his leg was so sore he sent Mom to wake me up so I could put the lidocaine patch on for him. I also gave him 975 mg of acetaminophen. (The doctor prescribed up to 1000 mg every 4 to 6 hours. I decided to go with the higher amount since he was in so much pain.) It must have worked, he was up at 10 for breakfast although he still needed the wheelchair for assistance. He slept through lunch but was up and around for dinner; again using the wheelchair. His spirits were good, I gave him 975 mg acetaminophen before bed time. And we skipped the exercises today.

Every so often Mom remembers that she fell. Sometimes she even remembers that she broke a rib. But then at other times, she coughs and wonders why her rib hurts. She is getting better with the incentive spirometer, though she still can't remember how to do it. Or why she is doing it.

We watched the Super Bowl half time show. But I think may be I missed the commercials. The only one I saw was the one with Einstein. Or perhaps it was the only one that I recognized as being part of the Super Bowl. I guess I'll have to find a You Tube compilation of the commercials. I think that's the best part of the Super Bowl.

After half time, I went to run errands & check for Momo at the humane society. The parking lot at Longs was half empty, usually it is full & I have to circle around to find a parking space. I got one right in front of Longs. Then at the humane society it was really quiet. And there was hardly any traffic on King Street when I went to the Kokua co-op; usually it is very busy even on the weekends.

Every Sunday evening Kokua Market has burgers grilled to order from 4 to 8 pm; they also have vegetarian burgers. So I picked up 2 for dinner tonight since it was just after 5 as I was leaving and Mom & Dad eat dinner at 5:30. The burger was fresh ground Molokai beef, the bun was "home made" in their deli, as well as the coleslaw. It tasted great! Mom & Dad thought the burger also tasted great, but they had a problem with the bun; it was too chewy for them. Guess I will try the Indian food the next Sunday that I am at Kokua.

Happy Birthday to Vel, Rich, & Willie!

No comments:

Post a Comment