Sunday, March 12, 2017

I'm So Tired

Mom slept most of the day. She kept saying she was tired; I think it is the lack of red blood cells. I hope to talk with the nurse or doctor assigned to Mom on Monday about whether transfusions can be considered in her case, since they give her comfort. We have never looked upon the transfusions as a life-prolonging treatment. In fact, Mom refused treatment and decided to go with transfusions to give her a better quality of life with the energy she needed to complete some tasks. In the meanwhile, we discovered that the transfusions kept her muscles from aching when her hemoglobin levels get low. (After a while I would be able to predict when she would need a transfusions based on her complaints!)
Shiro keeping watch over Mom while she sleeps. Not. He actually just jumped up there and hadn't had time to get cozy.

With Mom sleeping most of the day, it gave me the time I needed to start cleaning up the computer room since Mom wants it to be able to be used for guests. We had swept, vacuumed, & mopped it yesterday before we moved the bed in. But it still felt a little gritty, so I steam mopped it today before I started purging and reorganizing things. The difference between before and after steam mopping was most obvious at the edge of where the carpet piece used to be.
Before steam mopping.
After steam mopping.

We had just moved most things around to make room for the bed. Some things, however, were immediately purged. After steam mopping today, I spent a few hours purging & reorganizing. There's still a lot to do, but it already looks better.
Looking in from the door on Saturday afternoon.
This evening after a couple hours of work. The fan was moved back in to cool things down while I worked.

I cleaned everything out of the sideboard, or at least, that's what I think it's called. It's a piece of furniture with sliding doors and some shelves and dividers in it; it's about waist high. If there is another name for it, please let me know. (I'll try to post a photo of it tomorrow night.) At any rate, I found some interesting things in it. Like these lamps. The koa one with the anthurium design is a match for the one in Mom's room. For quite a while now, she has been saying someone took it. Apparently not, it was just put away so well she forgot where she put it. The kokeshi lamp is also quite unique; usually kokeshi have cylindrical bodies.
Koa lamp
Kokeshi lamp
  
I also found a whole bunch of supplements. The 'best by date' on these was 2013. They are no longer in the house.


I also found some newer supplements. Mom sent away for these based on a television commercial. I don't think she realized that it was set up as an automatic shipment every month. I had found a couple boxes shortly after I arrived and cancelled them. (These are not the ones I found earlier.) Since they're still unexpired, and I have had problems with my knees, I think I will try it and see if it makes a difference.


Although it was really muggy today, I worked in the computer room for most of the day to get it ready for use. But when Curtis arrived I had an excuse for getting in to the freezer. He brought the order of toaster waffles, 60 of them! And I had a shelf all ready for them.

So now Shelf #1 is for mochi & rice; Shelf #2 is for vegetarian & gluten-free items, plus the Holy's Bakery pie; Shelf # 3 is for ready-to-eat things that just need to be heated up; and Shelf # 4 is for waffles! (I still need to work more on Shelf #5 and I have not yet started on shelves #6 or any of the door shelves.)


Happy Birthday to Jeff & Andrew! Happy Girl Scout Day, Plant a Flower Day, and Daylight Saving Time! (Glad I don't have to deal with this any more!)

1 comment:

  1. You are a sweetheart and I love the koa lamps. Are you interested in selling them?

    ReplyDelete