Saturday, April 8, 2017

Bad Idea ...

I removed a bunch of 'ohai ali'i and mickey mouse plant branches before breakfast. One of my plans is to do some shrub removal 1 or 2 days after the green waste bin is emptied and work until it is filled up. Even though I was doing all the work before 9 a.m. when it was a lot cooler, I was covered with sweat. I took a shower, then washed my hair. I decided to use up some of the conditioner in Mom's shower; I chose the Paul Mitchell conditioner. Big mistake. Although it was the fullest bottle, it appears to be really old; it made my hair smell rancid. I washed my hair again, but it still had a faint rancid smell. So I called and made an appointment with Shaun to get my hair washed. A 3rd time. Shaun also used some really good Paul Mitchell awapuhi conditioner and finally got rid of the rancid smell. I also got my hair trimmed since I needed one anyway. I threw all the old-looking bottles of conditioner and shampoo that were in Mom's shower out!


On the way back from Supercuts where Shaun works I passed by the Hawai'i Convention Center. There were a lot of people walking around in costumes for the Kawaii Con that is happening this weekend. It is an anime convention that has been held in Hawaii the last 12 years.


On the way home I also found another view of Leahi. This one was taken from near where Palolo Stream flows under Date Street, at the westerly end of the Ala Wai Golf Course.
Leahi #27: From Date Street, near Palolo Stream.

I also saw a sign that I couldn't figure out. Unfortunately it was on the other side of the street so I could only see it in my side mirror. Perhaps if I was looking at it in the proper orientation it would make more sense. In my mirror it looks like they want me to drive on the sidewalk.


I saw a gold dust day gecko climbing along the netting for the cat run. It appears to have lost a portion of its tail and is now growing it back. It seemed unconcerned that Shiro was lurking in the cat run. Perhaps that's what happened to its tail!
Gold dust day gecko, Phelsuma laticauda.
Shiro on his favorite shelf in the cat run; the day gecko is just out of the photo to the upper left.

I tried to take a photo of Xander also but he decided he wanted to mark my phone and claim it as his so all I kept getting was his neck.


Happy Birthday to Steve! Happy All Is Ours Day, Empanada Day, and Zoo Lovers Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment