Sunday, April 2, 2017

Bathroom Clean-up

I had been spending so much time with Mom, I had not paid much attention to Dad. Or more specifically, to Dad's bathroom. Today Dad got up for breakfast, so while he was finishing up I went to vacuum his bedroom; while there I noticed that the bathroom was a big mess. Oooops! Forgot to check if it needed cleaning because I was so focused on Mom's bathroom and her bedroom.
Before

I started with vacuuming the bathroom floor. I had to use the regular vacuum because the battery-operated one was not working. Then I mopped the floor; I finished with steam mopping. After 30 minutes the floor was clean but my back was toast. I took a break and stretched out my back until it was no longer tight; it took a couple of hours. The whole bathroom could use a makeover.
After

Curtis & Lori brought lunch over. They went to Young's Kalbi Restaurant and picked up spicy barbecue beef and chicken katsu with a several types of kimchi and pickled vegetables. (Photo courtesy of Curtis who didn't start eating until he reminded me to take the photo.)
L: chicken katsu and fried man doo; R: spicy barbecue beef. The things that look like french fires are daikon kim chee.

After lunch we worked on Mom's service; we decided on Ige's for lunch and some of the flowers. We also talked about who to have as MC, who should give the eulogy, and who should do the acknowledgements. Then we looked at some photos for the slide show that will be playing as people come for the visitation and the service. Curtis said there is a short video done a few years ago of Mom's volunteer work at Liholiho; we'd like to include it as part of the service.

Chibi continues to sleep on the bed during the day. This is very unlike her, she usually sleeps under the couch during the day; she likes to stay hidden during daylight hours.  

Tonight I watched a show on the History Channel called, "Swamp People". No, it's not about wetland biologists, it's about Cajun alligator hunters in the Atchafalaya River Basin in Louisiana. Apparently it has been on for a while, this is Season 8! One team of hunters always stops at a donut place for their lucky donuts, they were in the shape of alligators!

Lucky donuts!

Happy Birthday to Monikka!

No comments:

Post a Comment