Thursday, April 6, 2017

Going Solar

The neighbors had solar panels installed today. At the end of 2015 about 12% of the energy produced in Hawai'i was via solar panels. Previously you could hook up to the grid & sell the excess back to the electric utility. But the system was getting overloaded so now you need to have a system with battery storage. Originally there were no incentives for a battery system but that might be changing, which would be great for me. I have been looking in to a battery system for the Kohala house.


While I was trying to set up the sprinkler in the front yard I was near the mejiro nest. As I was adjusting the sprinkler I heard baby birds cheeping and saw 3 little heads poking out of the nest begging for food. The adults didn't like me being so close and kept scolding me.




Happy Birthday to Nora & Julie!

No comments:

Post a Comment