Tuesday, April 11, 2017

It's Not the Sidewalk

I saw the sign again, the one that looked like it was trying to tell me to drive on the sidewalk. Looking at it in the proper orientation it does not look like it wants me to drive on the sidewalk. I found out what it really means.


On the day I first saw it, on a Saturday, there was no work going on. Just the sign sitting by the side of the road and I was looking at it via the side mirror. Now with the work going on, and looking at it in the right orientation, it makes more sense. It wasn't referring to the sidewalk, it was referring to the uneven roadway caused by the work being done; they have stripped off the old asphalt and are resurfacing the road. Hence the uneven road.
They're warning me that the road is uneven.

I checked for the ants first thing this morning. And there were no ants! Yay! I'll leave the diatomaceous earth for a couple of days before I clean up the cabinet.


It's Tuesday, Curtis and I went to breakfast this morning. Because of the traffic he was late getting to Kaiser to pick up the Boost Breeze for Dad. Which made him about 45 minutes late getting here. We had an appointment to talk with Ellen at Hosoi about flowers for Mom's service at 9, so we went to the Zippy's Restaurant right next to Hosoi to save time. We both had the breakfast combo since a standard breakfast would be faster to prepare.
Breakfast combo with Portuguese sausage & bacon with wheat toast. I should have got hash browns & put the eggs on them.

After I got back I went to Office Max to get a flash drive for the slide show for Mom's service, a digital photo frame, & a wood photo frame. I only found the flash drive. But while there I also found some purple paper on sale, so we have changed the program to be printed on purple paper. Purple was Mom's favorite color.


We decided to change the photo to be used on the front of the program. When Curtis saw the other photo on the front, he didn't think it looked Mom, which same also Dad's reaction. So we decided to use one of Tomiko's photos instead, it was taken about 15 years ago so is more recent than the other which was taken about 23 years ago.
It will also look better on purple paper than the other photo.
 
Happy Birthday to Aunty Florence! Also to Happy Birthday to Eva! And Happy Anniversary to Joanie & Doug!

No comments:

Post a Comment