Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Mmmmm, Manapua!

We were just getting ready to break out the leftovers for lunch today when our neighbor Jamie came by and dropped off a big box of manapua from Island Manapua Factory. Onolicious! She also left a sympathy card. Jamie has to work on Friday (she's the weekend staff person) so she won't be able to make it to Mom's memorial.
Very colorful box!
Very yummy contents!

Yesterday started out with breakfast with Curtis at Forty-Niner Restaurant. I had the Forty-Niner Omelette, Kai had the Creme Brulee Pancakes, & Curtis had the Hamsteak and Eggs. Everything was great!
Forty-Niner Omelette with char siu, kamaboko, spam, & green onions.
Creme Brulee Pancakes.
Hamsteak & Eggs.

Originally we were going to drop Kai off at the Pacific Aviation Museum, but he forgot his phone & also forgot that he couldn't take his backpack in so he decided to skip it this time. After we dropped Kai off, Curtis & I were going to go to Best Buy and get a digital photo frame so that I could load the PowerPoint I created for Mom's service on it so it could be playing through lunch so people who had not come early enough could still view it. But Best Buy did not open until 10 am so we skipped that, too.

Kai went with me to pick David up at the airport. On the way back we stopped at Best Buy for the digital photo frame. We found 2, one for $69.99 and another for $169.99. After talking with the sales guy and finding out what some of the differences were between the two, I mentioned that the PowerPoint file I had created was rather large so I wanted to know which one of them could handle that large a file. All 3 of them kinda gave me a look, it turns out PowerPoint files can't be loaded on to a digital photo frame, they can only handle jpg files. Oh, well, back to the drawing board!

David had not eaten on the flight and it was close to lunch time for us. We were close to Nico's Pier 38, so we went there for lunch. I guess I must have been pretty hungry because I ate my Furikake Pan Seared Ahi with 'Nalo Greens pretty fast. And so did David, he had the same thing. But Kai was talking a lot so he wasn't eating as fast so I was able to get a decent photo of his Hoisin BBQ Chicken.
Hoisin BBQ Chicken.

On the way to Nico's I realized we would pass right by Hawaiian Pie, so we made a quick stop there. We got the Aloha Medley Pie; the filling is mango, peach, pineapple, & strawberry. I usually get a frozen pie so I can choose when to bake it at home, but since we were stopping at Nico's for lunch we got an already baked pie.
We removed half the pie so that you could get a good look at the filling. Really.

Today we did the dry run of the AV materials for the memorial. I had loaded the PowerPoint file on to a thumb drive & Curtis put the video on a CD. The video ran perfectly. The PowerPoint did not. And I did not have my laptop so we had to run back to the house to get it. We were able to get it to run from the laptop but the top & bottom edges were cut off so I spent some time this evening realigning captions so words wouldn't be cut off. Later David reformatted the file in to a video and saved it to the thumb drive; he also has it on his laptop. So the plan is to have my laptop, his laptop, and the thumb drive all with the same PowerPoint presentation but in different formats so that we've got all the bases covered!

Last night Xander was acting really strange. I found him sleeping in the bathtub. I have never seen him sleeping in the bathtub before. It wasn't so hot that the bathtub was cooler than any where else that he might choose to sleep. We're not sure what's going on with him and the bathtub.  

Happy Belated Birthday to Beth & Vicente!  

1 comment:

  1. Maybe Xander is missing sitting by as security when your Mom bathed

    ReplyDelete