Thursday, April 13, 2017

Planting Papayas

This morning I planted the papayas in the planting strip in the back yard. It's the area where David put down the new weed cloth and red cinders to keep weeds down when he was here in February. Mom said you need to plant 3 papayas in order to get fruit. Its actually 3 to get the best production due to papayas being dioecious and include hermaphroditic plants; hopefully there is at least 1 female plant with 1 male or hermaphroditic plant so we can get a bunch of fruit. The best option would be one hermaphroditic plant with 2 female plants, because all 3 would be producing fruit. I got the Waimanalo variety; it's supposed to fruit lower on the trunk.
Hopefully they like their new home.

I am continuing to work on the PowerPoint slide show for Mom's service. I think I am about half way done. Here's another one of the slides.


Happy Birthday to John D. & Baron! Happy anniversary to Mary Ellen & Michael!

No comments:

Post a Comment