Monday, April 17, 2017

Ready for Guests

Kai comes in tonight about 10:30 pm. He is on the same flight as Scott & Aunty Daisy. I will pick all of them up; I'm dropping Scott & Aunty Daisy off at Aunty Judy's house tonight. Tomorrow, around lunch time, I pick David up; he and Kai will be staying with us. I set up the beds in the guest bedroom this afternoon. Each bed has a set of towels and a bag of omiyage.


The paperwork has started to come in. On Friday we got the very 1st packet from one of Mom's life insurance policies, today I got 2 more packets. One of the packets today is for Dad to change the beneficiary for his life insurance policy. I also went to Mom's savings bank that has a passbook, which I have not been able to find yet. Apparently, once we get the death certificate, I can take Dad in and he can transfer everything to another account & change it to a statement type of account so we don't need to deal with a passbook any more. Yay!

Shiro & Chibi were playing tag last night after I posted. I kept trying to get photos of them as they chased each other through the family room and kitchen. Even with anticipating when they would go streaking through the area, this is the best picture I was able to get of them playing last night. The quality of the digital camera on my phone is just not good enough to catch them.
Cats are too fast for the camera!

Happy Birthday to The Lady in Red! Happy Bat Appreciation Day, Cheeseball Day, Ellis Island Family History Day, Haiku Poetry Day, & Poem in Your Pocket Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment