Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Congratulations, Ashton!

Ashton graduates from high school on June 16th, her celebration & luau is the following day. I can't be there for her graduation, so this evening I went to spend some time with the family and give Ashton the lei I brought from Hawai'i for her. I brought enough lei so on graduation night, each of her immediate family members can give her a lei. They'll be having a luau to celebrate!

Dinner was great! It was marinated chicken with quinoa & rice pilaf and steamed cauliflower. The marinade had fresh turmeric, fresh ginger, coconut vinegar, & some other things.


Here's Susan combing out Isaiah's hair. He's gotten so tall; he's at least a head taller than I am and that's not counting the hair!
I think Isaiah is texting with his girlfriend while Mom combs out his hair.

I started the day by meeting John at The Loft. We talked a lot about our experiences caring for our aging parents. John would fly down to California every few months to help care for his father in order for his brother to have a break. I forgot to take a photo of John, he said he would probably end up on the cutting room floor anyway!

I met some of my former coworkers at The Sisters for lunch. We had a lot of catching up to do; there is so much that has happened since I left!
L to R: Darla, Clarissa, Terri, Mary, & Beth.

Happy Birthday to George!

1 comment:

  1. It was great seeing you while you were in town, Kinuko. Hope to see you back again soon!

    ReplyDelete