Sunday, May 14, 2017

Happy Mother's Day!

Curtis, Lori, & I went to Punchbowl today to put flowers at Mom's niche. We were pleasantly surprised to see that the bronze marker had been installed. It looks much better than the white marble markers at some of the older sites. We also went to visit the sites of the 5 other relatives there. We found a live fern at Sue's niche that David had left back in April; the orchids and other things had died.


As we were leaving I was able to take a photo of Leahi since I wasn't driving. It was drizzling so it looks a little hazy. I'll have to see if I can get a photo on a clear, sunny day.
#29 Leahi from Puowaina.

I went over to Curtis & Lori's house tonight for Mother's Day dinner. Curtis, Brent, & Shaun took care of everything. Curtis ordered the food and picked it up; the boys got flowers and a red velvet cake. It was nice not to have anything to do except show up & eat.


When the dementia is making Dad feel confused he tends to choose to sleep through both breakfast & lunch; when he does that I at least have him drink a glass of Boost Breeze so that he is getting calories & nutrients. On the way to Curtis & Lori's house I stopped at Kaiser to pick up more Boost Breeze for Dad. As I was getting in to my car in the parking garage I saw a pigeon's nest. This is actually the first pigeon I have seen around Kaiser; its probably because of all the cats around Kaiser!


Happy Birthday to Enola, Ron, Doug, Jeremy, & Richele! Happy 1st Anniversary to Tami & Goldry! Happy Buttermilk Biscuit Day, Dance Like A Chicken Day, and Underground America Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment